Monday, September 13, 2010

My Bubbles!

Nature Display: A Picture A Day
Blog Post #11

Sea Turtle - Aquarium: Denver, CO
The Scoop:
This turtle is so cute!  She swam all over her tank at the aquarium which was giant and shared with all sorts of other sea creatures.  The guide there told us she LOVES bubbles and also that she can stay underwater for several hours before surfacing again.  These turtles are huge!  When I went to Playa del Carmen, Mexico we got to take a snorkeling trip over in Cozumel and actually spotted turtles to swim with.  It was amazing, one of the best experiences I have ever had.  I hope to have a chance to go back in the near future.  For now though, I get to see tons of freshwater turtles right here in Austin!  My dad is General Manager for the County Line on the Lake where you can feed the turtles in Bull Creek off Lake Austin out back from their decks - it's really fun :)

Here's a pic of our local turtle buddies:

No comments:

Post a Comment